Did you know that the average seller tosses around the pros and cons of listing their home for seven months before taking the plunge? If you are looking to sell in Forest Hills, we will spend time today easing your mind and increasing your confidence in your decision. Here are some of our top tips for seller success:
1. Pick the right time to sell. If you are looking to sell in Forest Hills, try to hold out for a “seller’s market.” A seller’s market is when there are more buyers than real estate listings. You might also want to check the calendar. Homes tend to sell quicker and for a higher price during the first half of May.
2. Partner with a real estate agent. You can go it alone, but real estate agents work full time for a reason. Selling a home without involving an agent is not for the faint at heart. Get referrals and interview a few agents to find the perfect match.
3. Spruce up your home. You know the drill. Paint your walls in neutral colors, repair broken fixtures and tend to overgrown landscaping to make your home shine. Consider paying for a pre-inspection to catch any major issues that could put a roadblock in your sale.
4. Use a win-win strategy to price your home. Your home’s price tag should be high enough to excite you but low enough to excite buyers. If you are looking to sell in Forest Hills, a savvy real estate agent will help you use a home estimate and a comparative market analysis to price your home competitively.
5. Devise a customized, dynamic marketing strategy. This is one area where your real estate agent will prove to be an invaluable resource. An eye-catching listing, professional photography and the ability to advertise on top real estate websites will add up to seller success.
At Forest Hills Realty, we have more seller tricks up our sleeves. If you are looking to sell in Forest Hills, connect with us today!