Are you grappling with the idea of searching for Forest Hills apartment rentals in a Covid-stricken world? Although renting looks different today, don’t lose sight of the basics. Here are some questions to ask in person, over the phone, in an email or via a telecall to make sure that your new apartment is just right. This list is your cheat-sheet for rental success!
1. What up-front fees are required? As you browse available Forest Hills apartment rentals, you’ll see that each one requires different fees before move-in. A security deposit and first month’s rent are pretty standard, but be sure to ask about other initial charges so that you aren’t caught off guard.
2. Are there additional monthly fees beyond rent? Forest Hills apartment rentals often come with additional monthly fees for parking, maintenance or other amenities. Know your fees before you sign on the dotted line!
3. What utilities are covered by monthly rent? Tenants are typically responsible for the electricity, cable and gas bills. Trash, sewer and water bills are usually included in monthly rent. Forest Hills apartment rentals are as diverse as the people that live in them, and this info will likely vary.
4. What amenities are included? With virtual tours making it possible to rent an apartment safely, renters might get a skewed perception of the residences that they are viewing. Things like the size of the kitchen, whether the building has a doorman or the nearby conveniences might not be crystal-clear on your phone’s tiny screen. If you’re not sure, ask!
5. Can I personalize the space? In most Forest Hills apartment rentals, your ability to add a personal touch to your unit will be limited. You might be allowed to refresh the walls with a neutral color, change cabinet knobs or make other minor upgrades at your own expense.
Are you ready to brave the rental market? Tuck this list in your pocket and head to Forest Hills Realty where a friendly agent is waiting to help you explore Forest Hills apartment rentals!